-->

Sunday, March 24, 2013

How do you bonsai a plant, eg: grow from seed and FORCE it to grow small?

Question by Kira: How do you bonsai a plant, eg: grow from seed and FORCE it to grow small?
I am wondering how you make bonsai plants grow small… Something to do with cutting roots and training branches?

I have an interest in them and I am well aware it takes years and years but thats ok…

So for now Im just trying to figure a few things out…

Silk floss tree, monkey pod tree and pencil palm are a few I thought to look nice so far but I need to know how the plants grow small… I dont think they do it by themselves, so how can I find out step by step how to make a little plant small and turn it into a bonsai?

Best answer:

Answer by Dr Know It All
You need to keep trimming the roots, and I’ve also seen some bonsai plants that have wire around the branches, which I suppose also retards the growth. But for accurate information you should probably get a book.

What do you think? Answer below!



My Little Bonsai

No comments:

Post a Comment